April 20th, 2018 04:30PM
No matter how it looks outside, golf will return to the Gaylord area, and quickly like tulips in May. To help you prepare for golf and that spring-away trip you want to take to the Gaylord Golf Mecca, here are five tips:
- Grab a calendar, call your golf regulars and plan a day, a weekend, a week if you can. With 15 golf courses and over 20 lodging partners at a multitude of price points, the Gaylord Golf Mecca has you covered. By the way, there are special spring rates for stay-and-play and much more. Visit gaylordgolfmecca.com and click away to learn about offers and read the latest Mecca news. You can also call 800-345-8621.
- Get in some sort of golf shape with a few exercises, stretching, perhaps a walk. Remember golf is more athletic of an endeavor than most people think. Swing your clubs in the garage or on the deck in the emerging sunlight. Get loose and flexible for the upcoming fun. And don’t get too worried. We have the latest golf carts on the market.
- Give your golf equipment a check-up, as in get new grips if needed or take that tax refund check and buy some new instruments of fun. We suggest getting fitted to your new clubs to help you bring out your best game. The golf professionals at the Mecca partner courses are just a pro shop phone call away for advice, great buying opportunities and more. They know the best driver for you to buy, by the way.
- Hit a few golf balls at a range, even if only on the first day of your trip to the Mecca. A quick spring review lesson is good for even the accomplished golfer, and starting the season with the correct things happening in your golf swing is great for the less accomplished or even beginner. Again, the golf professionals at all the Mecca stops are at your service. They have been trained to work with visiting golfers of all levels of golf ability. Cure that slice? It can happen.
- Look the part, as in some new golf clothes, shoes and stuff. The many golf shops in the Mecca are loaded with everything you might need, including the latest styles for women golfers and the trendy stuff for the golfer who always wants to be on the cutting edge. Hey, if you look good, you feel good and then you play that way, too. Honest!
Here’s a list of our Mecca golf course partners; look them up or call:
Black Lake Golf Club, blacklakegolf.com, 989-733-4653
Gaylord Golf Club, gaylordcountryclub.com, 231-546-3376
Indian River Golf Club, indianrivergolfclub.com, 231-238-7011
The Loon Golf Resort (three courses), loongolfresort.com, 989-732-4454
Michaywe’ – The Pines, michaywepines.com, 989-939-8911
The Natural at Beaver Creek Resort, thenaturalgolfcourse.com, 989-732-1785
Otsego Resort (two courses), otsegoresort.com, 800-752-5510
Treetops Resort (five courses), treetops.com, 888-treetops