January 23rd, 2019 02:48PM
Hey buddy, it’s never too early to starting planning, and the word “buddy” is meant to include everyone.
Even as the snow flies, we’re talking golf in the Gaylord Golf Mecca, which for over 31 years has been America’s Summer Golf Mecca.
So, let’s discuss the essentials of a buddy trip for golf and how the Gaylord Golf Mecca can provide those essentials.
The five things buddy trips must include are: great golf, comfortable lodging close to the golf, multiple food options within a few minutes of drive time, prompt attention and service at golf facilities and more great golf.
- Great golf: 14 courses with 18 holes and 1 unique par 3 course with nine are at your beckon in the Mecca, and many were designed by the top architects in the world. Robert Trent Jones Sr. did the Masterpiece at Treetops, and Tom Fazio did the Premier there, too. Rick Smith did the Signature and Tradition courses, and the best par 3 anywhere, Threetops. Rees Jones, son of RT, did Black Lake. Jerry Matthews, Michigan’s prolific designer, did The Natural at Beaver Creek and The Lakes at The Loon Resort. PGA player Gary Koch designed The Tribute at Otsego Resort. Original work at Indian River was done by legend Wilfrid Reid. One of the game’s big names in teaching, Butch Harmon, did redesign work at The Loon. The wonderful work of Don Childs is on display at Michaywe’ – The Pines and Gaylord Golf Club.
- Comfortable lodging: 20 lodging partners, and that includes lodging right at the golf courses you will play at Black Lake Golf Club, The Loon Golf Resort, The Natural at Beaver Creek, Otsego Resort and Treetops Resort. Of course, an array of lodging options are just a few minutes from Gaylord Golf Club, Indian River Golf Club and Michaywe’ – The Pines.
- Multiple food options: All of the 15 golf courses have food options, and some have multiple options right on property. Then you have the ever-expanding restaurant market in Gaylord. I suggest you pick up Northern Michigan Golfer Magazine, the official publication of The Gaylord Golf Mecca, which has a wonderful list of dining possibilities.
- Service: The Gaylord Golf Mecca has been around for over 31 years, largely in part due to the excellent service at our courses and lodging properties bringing guests back. Groups return year after year because of the great golf, lodging and dining, but also because they make friends in our pro shops and even on the limo bus The Loon uses to help visitors get around.
- And did we mention the golf: Collectively 261 golf holes through forest, around lakes, over rivers and marshes, rolling hills and glacial moraine. You’ve got to love glacial moraine, especially the beautiful glacial moraine found throughout our courses.
It’s not too early to book the perfect buddy trip for the 2019 golf season. Visit gaylordgolfmecca.com or call 800-345-8621.